Sustainability Rating

Sustainability rating

Rated: 3 out of 6

Value Chain Ready to Wear

Company Sustainability

Community

Traceability
Data provided only from brand

Company Info

Brand Name LASALINA
Country Germany
Company size Start up
Category evaluated Ready to Wear
Category Ready to Wear
Established in: 2009
Website https://lasalina.de/
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/lasalinaberlin/
Next Sustainable Goals and SBP challenge

Recognized by the United Nations as a project to accelerate the implementation of sustainable actions in the fashion industry, Sustainable Brand Platform has committed to tracking future goals pursued by brand.

3
Total goals
31/7/23
Next check date
0
Goals achieved
3
Goals to achieve
Read more
Main Goal pursued based on SDGs

INNOVATION, TRACEABILITY & TRANSPARENCY
no poverty
good health
renewable energy
innovation and infrastructure
sustainable cities and communities
responsible consumption
climate action
peace and justice

Sustainability info

Lasalina is a Ready to Wear brand from Germany that produces its products only upon customer request, focusing on sustainability and social responsibility.

According to the brand's motto "think globally, made locally", classic, multifunctional and timeless designs are created. 


Value Chain

The majority of Lasalina's value chain is located in Germany. 70% of the raw materials, on the other hand, are sourced in Portugal and Netherlands. The other 30% are sourced in Germany. 

The brand uses almost exclusively natural yarns for its products. Lasalina also sources discarded fabrics, for example from the Turkish market in Berlin or from overproduction or misproduction by other companies. The dead stock is also used for the creation of prototypes. Through these upcycling processes, the brand avoids wasting materials and creates unique designs.

The production is based in Berlin, Germany as well as the packaging and logistics activity. Regarding packaging, Lasalina uses recycled and compostable materials and reuses the packaging so that it is not just used once. 

The brand has visited its manufacturers and packaging suppliers to review the working conditions of workers at its suppliers.


Company Sustainability

The team of Lasalina is composed more than 80% of the team from women, of which about 20% are in top management positions. 

The brand offers for its employees general services for free and allows remote working depending on their needs. 

The company receives energy from a green energy provider and recycles more than 60% of its general waste.


Community

Lasalina once collected donations during a music event and donated them to Cadus e.V. (https://www.cadus.org/en/).

In addition, in 2018 the brand organised an awareness campaign for Syrien refugees. 


Customer Care

Lasalina provides its customers with all the information they need to preserve products and make them last longer. Customers receive information on how and how often to wash the items optimally.


Certifications

Raw Materials ecovero tencel oeko-tex standard 100 GOTS - Global Organic Textile Standard GRS - Global Recycled Standard
Packaging FSC 100%

Blockchain

Last blockchain update 21 April 2022

Supply Chain Track


Raw Materials 1 Production 2 Packaging 3 Logistics 4
Made in Portugal Made in Germany Made in Germany Made in Germany
1 50% of the collection is Made in Portugal. 30% of the collection is Made in Germany. 20% of the collection is Made in the Netherlands.
2 100% of the collection is Made in Germany.
3 100% of the collection is Made in Germany.
4 100% of the collection is Made in Germany.

Questions & Answers

1 What does sustainable fashion mean to you?
- Durability
- Minimal use of chemical elements
- Using recycled materials
- Fair worker conditions
2 What is your sustainable mission?
Lasalina makes innovative, sustainable fashion with passion. Since 2009 - We produce your products only after receipt of the customer's order in our studio in Berlin. So we have no overproduction. We make fashion from sustainable and recycled materials. We are convinced that a key aspect of material and social sustainability is the reduced consumption of resources. Our origin lies in our passion for functionality, sustainable quality and innovation. Lasalina's products are durable fashion, timeless and modern in one.
3 What do you think your target audience's priorities are?
- Quality/Design
- Comfort
- Brand identity
- Sustainability
Next Sustainable Goals and SBP challenge

Recognized by the United Nations as a project to accelerate the implementation of sustainable actions in the fashion industry, Sustainable Brand Platform has committed to tracking future goals pursued by brand.

3
Total
goals
31/12/22
Next check date
0
Goals achieved
3
Goals to achieve
Read more

Search Brands

Discover sustainable brands and check their level of sustainability.


show more

brands above are proposed in random order, always different